Welcome to WHS Band
Upcoming events and info
- Please be sure you have access to your Charms Account. You can visit the tab under parent/student info for more info. Visit www.charmsoffice.com Login as parent, school code is willishsband and your password will be your child's school number. You may also download the App to your smartphone: Charms Blue. If you have questions, you may email us at email@example.com.
- Download the summer calendar.
- BAND DUES- Every student participating in the WHS Band is required to participate with a $250 annual fee. This fee helps cover in part, the costs of marching season, clinicians, contest fees, etc. Some students who use a school owned instrument contribute a $50 annual fee for maintenance. Percussionists contribute an annual fee of $100. We ask that when you add your fees, you divide them into THREE equal payments due August 1, 2017, September 1, 2017, and October 1, 201.7 You may submit cash or check in an envelope with your student’s name written on it to your band director. They will in turn place it in a locked box checked by our board regularly. We will credit their Charms account. Other forms of payment are also available including PayPal, debit or credit card through Square. Note: There are fundraising opportunities throughout the year. Visit the Fundraiser tab for details. For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GEAR- Your student will need appropriate gear/equipment as he/she participates in the band. We have partnered with a local business, EMBROIDME, to fulfill these orders. Please keep in mind that our band directors are not in charge of ordering your equipment and/or fulfilling your orders. It is the parents' responsibility to acquire gear. Please prepare in advance and order your gear. Visit the online store at http://williswildkatband.logoshop.com
- The following are some important 2017 Summer Band dates, but please download/print a copy of the full calendar at the bottom.
- May 17, 2017 - 3:00-5:30pm Marching Camp - This is the official opening to Marching Season. This is a good opportunity for your Freshman student to meet upperclassmen.
- May 24 - Marching Camp - (Junior /Senior equipment ordering following rehearsal)
- May 31-June 2 - Percussion Camp (only for percussion band members)- 8:00 - 12:30
- May 31-June 2 - Guard Camp - 8:00 - 1:00
- June 1, 2 - Marching Camp 8:00 - 12:30
- June 3 - Mandatory Parent Orientation/Equipment and Gear Ordering - 9:00 All (except Guard) - 10:00 Guard
- June 24 - July 5 - Fireworks Warehouse Fundraiser
- July 3 - Fourth of July Rehearsal - 8:30am - 10:30am
- July 4th - South Montgomery County 4th of July Parade (The Woodlands Market Street area) Call time is 7:15am at WHS
- July 27-28 - 6:45am - 5:45pm - This is our official start to band rehearsals. Please bring a lunch each day through August. Don't forget your 1-gallon water jug, sunscreen, and athletic shoes. Don't forget to reapply your sunscreen!! Get ready for your 'Band Tan!!'
- July 31 - Aug. 4 - 6:45am - 5:45pm - Rehearsals - There will also be fun social activities after some rehearsals as determined by the Leadership Team. More info will be available as the dates approach.
- Aug. 7-8 - 6:45am - 5:45pm Rehearsals
- Aug. 9-11 - 4:00pm - 9:30pm Rehearsals
- Aug. 11 11PM - 6AM- Rock-a-thon - This is a fundraiser that will help students earn money for their accounts.
- Aug. 14-16 - 4:00pm - 8:30pm Rehearsals
- TBA - WISD Convocation Performance (early morning call time at LLMS TBA)
- Aug. 15 or 16 (TBA) - Marching Exhibition/Open House
- Aug. 17 - Normal Rehearsal Schedule Begins 2:45-5:30 Rehearsal (First day of school)
- TBA - Meet the Kats - 7:00pm
2017-2018 Willis HS Summer Band Schedule
Click the documents below to download the most recent summer calendar and the supplemental Percussion and Jazz calendars.