The Willis Band Program offers private lessons for students to study with a professional musician on their selected instrument. Top students in every class participate in private lessons to further their development as a young musician. We are organizing a unique opportunity to split the cost of private lessons and take group lessons during class. There is a specialist for every instrument and we want to have as many as possible participate. We encourage everyone to choose one of the options for Private Lessons. Sign up below or print the form and return. Also, you may consider sponsoring student lessons. Click below to donate to student lessons.
Private Lessons Expectations
EXPECTATIONS FOR PRIVATE LESSONS
- Lessons are 30 minutes long. Special arrangements may be made for lessons longer than a half hour.
- The Majority of lessons will happen during the student’s bandclass. Special arrangements can be made between the lesson teacher and student for after school lessons.
- Students taking lessons should pay the private lesson teacher directly. Students will pay on a monthly basis.
- ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY. You have paid for that time: BE THERE! You MUST notify your private lesson teacher 1 day in advance if you will be absent from a lesson. If you are absentfor your lesson and you haven’t notified the lesson teacher, you still owe the teacher the money for that lesson. Our teachers are professionals and depend on a steady income just like any other profession.
- Private lessons are offered from September through May. Students should commit to taking lessons for the entire time they are offered.
- Students will be suspended/ dropped from private lessons if payment is missed for two consecutive weeks. If a student is dropped from lesson due to delinquent payments they will still be expected to pay their lesson bill in full. Dropping lessons does not cancel previous debt.
- Prepare thoroughly for each lesson. You are there to learn. Band Directors will be checking regularly with private lessonteachers regarding student’s progress/attendance.
- Have fun! Our lesson staff is here because they are professionals and they LOVE teaching kids. The whole point is to become the best musician you can be!