- Get registered as soon as you can! Contact the WHS Registrar as soon as possible, and set up an appointment to get registered for school and classes. Typically the Registrar's office is open until mid-June, and then again starting in early/mid-July. Be sure to read the WHS ISD website carefully about required documentation, immunizations, etc. Visit willisisd.org for more info.
- You'll get your Willis Student ID#. Don't lose this. You'll need it to set up your Charms account. See the Charms tab for more info.
- Once you know your move is definite, contact the Band Director to schedule an audition (for concert band placement). email@example.com
- Once you're registered for Band class, you'll be able to set up your account in Charms, our office management site where all private and personal information is kept. See the Charms tab for more information.
- BAND DUES- Every student participating in the WHS Band is required to participate with an annual fee. This fee helps cover in part, the costs of marching season, clinicians, contest fees, etc. Some students who use a school owned instrument contribute an annual fee for maintenance. Percussionists will also contribute an annual fee. Please see the registration packet for the fees. We ask that when you add your fees, you divide them into two equal payments due at the dates outlined in the registration packet. You may submit cash or check in an envelope with your student’s name written on it to your band director. They will in turn place it in a locked box checked by our board regularly. We will credit their Charms account. Other forms of payment are also available including PayPal, debit or credit card through Square. Note: There are fundraising opportunities throughout the year. Visit the Fundraiser tab for details. For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GEAR- Your student will need appropriate gear/equipment as he/she participates in the band. We have partnered with a local business, Fully Promoted, formerly, EMBROIDME, to fulfill these orders. Please keep in mind that our band directors are not in charge of ordering your equipment and/or fulfilling your orders. It is the parents' responsibility to acquire gear. Please prepare in advance and order your gear. Visit the online store at http://williswildkatband.logoshop.com
- If you're transferring prior to July 4, you may be able to participate in 4th of July activities (rehearsal/parade).
- Summer Band - This is our official start to band rehearsals. Please bring a lunch each day through August. Don't forget your 1/2-gallon water jug, sunscreen, and athletic shoes. Don't forget to reapply your sunscreen!! Get ready for your 'Band Tan!!'
- Your participation in Summer Band will depend on your transfer/move date. If you won't be in town by the start of Summer Band, please contact the Band Director(s) to discuss your personal situation.